Friday, February 11, 2011

Chunky Monkey

Chunk Monkey...yep, this describes little man! We went to the doctor for his 1 month check up and here are his new "stats"...

weight: 10lbs 3oz   (hence the reason for the new nickname!)
height: 23 in (he is in the 95th percentile for his height...which was quite suprising as we are not tall people!)

He had to get a shot and his blood drawn. He did great for the sweet nurse drawing his blood, but the shot - OH MY! I only thought I had heard his little lungs, but quickly found out that I hadn't quite heard what he was capable of until the shot! Poor guy!

His cord is STILL there...it's honestly about to drive us crazy and I would love to snatch it off! We can't wait to be able to submerge his little big belly in the warm water during bath time! He sits with his lip quivering, it's quite sad if I say so myself! Dr. Wood, his pediatrician, said that it would fall of within the next 2 weeks...so until then we live with the cord. Argh!
On a side note: She said the reason he still had it was that he just didn't want to let go of the little piece of momma he still had - obviously that's not the case - but secretly it made my heart smile :) I know the time that he loves on his momma will be short lived once he is old enough to become Bryant's sidekick! So I will take whatever I can get!
Did I mention we LOVE Dr. Wood??? She is amazing and I am thankful that she is little man's doctor. Every time she examines him she kisses the back of his head - so sweet and genuine! She is very encouraging to a first time mom as well, and will sweetly answer all of those "crazy questions" that I come up with!

Just a few things about the little monkey...
-he is eating 4-5ozs every 3-4 hours
-he is on formula only now, and LOVES it!
-he is sleeping great (most nights) he wakes up around 2-3 and then again 5-6
-he is loosing his hair on the top - so he has the old man hair style...quite funny!
-he is wearing 0-3 month clothes (we have to accommodate those long legs!)
-he has the funniest expressions and is starting to smile back at us
-he follows you with his eyes and loves to be talked/sung to...he will start cooing back at you
-he has the sweetest personality and is a wonderful baby...but I could be bias?!?! :)

Here are a few pictures from Jan/Feb...there are a lot of "firsts"


 First trip to church
 First time on activity mat


 First stroll around the neighborhood

 He loves his hands...
Can't you tell??

 nap time...for all

 Happy 1 month! (thanks for the idea Sarah)
 napping with Daddy after church on Sunday
 He has so many "different" looks - but I love this picture
because I see both Bryant and myself in him! (finally!)
But here....he's all Daddy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Whitney, your blog is so cute, and William is even more precious! So happy for you and glad you are blessed with such a healthy baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I can see both of you in his sweet face. The perfect combination! When you and Bryant ready for a few hours out together Audrey and I would love to come over and babysit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful boy! I could definitely see both you & Bryant in that particular pic! I got the sweetest announcement today... thank you for thinking of us! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete