Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Give Thanks


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!

Psalm 136:1


There is so much to be thankful for...not just during November, but each day our Lord wills us to wake! I am blessed to have a husband who shows me Christ daily, a baby boy who teaches me how to sacrifice and and serve, family who love endlessly, friends who walk through life with me, a job that allows me to see my role as wife and mother, a church who strives to glorify God, and this year I am especially thankful for 27 years with a father who left a legacy of love.

Today my cup is full, and even when it's not, I am still thankful!

This past week hit highlights of just a few things that I am most thankful for. I wasn't sure what this first holiday without Dad would bring...but thanks be to God that He goes before me and walks with me through each day. I can't say I wasn't sad, because I was...I can't say I didn't cry, because I did. However, when I laid my head down that night, all I could think of was that I was BLESSED to have 27 years worth of thankful days with him. There definitely was and will be tough moments, but I am MOST thankful this year that my Savior has overcome this world...and that means those tough moments! What a thanksgiving my daddy had this year!!



I'm beyond thankful...



for melt your heart smiles

for seeing the big things through little eyes

for complete joy

 for lifelong friendships

for a sense of accomplishment

 for an amazing little fella

for God-fearing women in my life

for sweet potatoes :)

for the feeling of being held

 for the wisdom that comes with age

for sisters

 for the sense of adventure

 for someone who will go with you on that adventure

 for a man who loves deeply

 for so many firsts...like a first Thanksgiving meal

 for little things that make us happy

 for a family journey

for my guy and his silly self! :)

 for times when you just feel like dancing

for laughter

for a new perspective

for a mommy's boy :)

for the feeling of little hands giving you a hug

for a grandfather's influence

for a sense of wonder

or even uncertainty

for the feeling of finding something new

for the way I remember my dad when I see this smile

 for God choosing me to be the mommy of this little guy

for a life with these two

for a grandmother's endless love

for all the things and ways that I have been graciously blessed.

My cup is definitely full! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment