Saturday, February 4, 2012

Under Control

I haven't mentioned much on the baby bean, so I thought I would! I am a little over 11 weeks and everything is going great! This pregnancy is so much like my pregnancy with William, I am feeling pretty good...just EXTREMELY TIRED! I am very close to my 2nd trimester, so I'm holding hope that that burst of energy will kick in. However, I'm afraid that it may have been given mistakenly to William! Over the past 2 weeks he has started walking and has become an official "little boy." Gone are my days of baby William!

It is so strange, your second pregnancy that is! It is by all means still so exciting, but its different. It's kinda like you've been there, done that and know what to expect. In my mind I think "you've got this under control!" Now, I must confess my mind and reality are two very different places...that rarely get a chance to meet each other. As I type this, I am laughing because just this week William...threw up on the dog, shared his sippy cup of milk with the dog, beat the cat with a spoon, tee teed on my mom's guest bedroom floor, has had 5 different bruises on his head...all of which I'm not exactly sure how they got there, and spent an hour and 40 min of "nap time"throwing everything in his bed into the laundry basket in his room. - Yep, I am sure you are thinking I have this under control! Haha! Truth is, I don't and don't think I ever will! I beg for enough grace and mercy to make it through each day, and God has been faithful to supply it!

Bryant walked in the other night, after William and I had been in bed, and passed the ultrasound picture of our sweet one. He told me the following day that as he looked at the picture on the fridge, you can see a tiny hand or foot up in the air, it was like he/she was saying "hey Daddy, don't forget about me." It made my heart kinda sad to hear that...We decided to spend some time that day at lunch praying for this new little addition. We finished praying and started talking about the differences there are this time. When I was pregnant with William, it was all new! We didn't have anything to put our focus on (besides each other and the animals) besides my pregnancy! We noticed everything and drew attention to every little detail. Well, this time around...a feisty, fiery, energetic little boy consumes our day! At this age, he is very needy. Don't get me wrong, it is supposed to be this way...but it allows little time to just sit and dream about this pregnancy and baby like I did before.

It has caused us to really think about this life God is knitting together and to daily give thanks for this baby. He or she already has a name and has already been entrusted to us. We love this baby and can't wait to bring them into this crazy house! :) I can't wait to watch William be a big brother...I'm sure he will give the new baby lots of "love" (he practices hourly giving Molly "love").

I go to the doctor again this week and something that hasn't changed...the emotions that take over when you hear that precious heart beat! It is a sound that I will always cherish!

Anxiously waiting to become a family of 4...


1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Whitney.

    Praying for you guys as you become 4!

    Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete