I have missed it...I honestly have blogged about 750 times, it just never made it to paper. Things like that happen around here. Life with a BUSY two year old doesn't allow much to "get on paper."
And I'm ok with that. But, I am going to try my hardest to keep this little blog up, because the Lord is doing some exciting things in our life...more on that to come...and I want to document His works!
My days lately have been keeping up with a little guy, who no longer resembles my baby. He's growing up. Fast. Our days are never dull, and packed with many opportunities for us both to learn. He's learning his shapes, colors, numbers, and how to obey. I am learning that parenting is hard, that my job is to prepare him to one day face his Creator, that discipline and training doesn't end, and that God's grace is abundant.
Parenting is hard...did I mention that? We are in a parenting class right now and it's been so eye opening. As a society, we see kids as an inconvenience...not a blessing or a reward. It takes effort to discipline and train them and to be honest, it
Yikes! That hit me, really hard. I so often worry about everything that doesn't matter in the eyes of God, but in the eyes of man.
It all stems from our hearts. I pray that the Lord will continue to purge my heart and that He would be the One to one day change William's.
So even though these days are hard...I know that this is what we are called and required to do.
"Remember children are born with a decided bias toward evil, and therefore if you let them choose for themselves, they are certain to choose wrong....Our hearts are like the earth on which we tread; let it alone, and it is sure to bear weeds." - Ryle (Withhold Not Correction)
_____________________
I was asked one day recently in an interview to describe William. That's something I've never had to do. If you have been around our son, ever, you will know that he has a PERSONALITY. The first word I could think of to answer her question was vibrant. He is a passionate child, fiercely independent, strong willed, and a leader. However, those qualities are shared with those of a tender hearted, compassionate child. He hurts when you hurt, and loves to snuggle up with his momma. He deeply loves his daddy and wants to imitate whatever he does. I would say that Bryant is his hero...and for that I'm thankful! He's animated, has an imagination that makes me giggle and will be perfectly content playing outside for hours. He loves his real friends, but is happy to carry on a conversation with "B" (yes, the bunny is still in our lives) or Buzz Lightyear on his plastic phone. We tuck him in bed each night with dirt under his nails and a big smile on his face.
I adore this age.
And there is absolutely nothing better than hearing "I too momma." when you tell him you love him.
Ahh, be still my heart.










No comments:
Post a Comment