Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Some days...

I have had several people ask me how I like my new "stay at home mom" status....so I will share. It really hasn't hit me yet that I am not going back to school...still seems like it's just summer. However, this week my sweet teacher friends went back and I can honestly say I wasn't missing it! :) I am enjoying my mornings of Mickey Mouse and milk! I knew the real test would be seeing all the school supplies lined up at the store. There is something about the newness of the pencils and crayons, rows of folders waiting to be laminated and decorated, binders, sharpies, pens, and the storage crates....oh,the storage crates! I am a SUCKER for school supplies :) Normally seeing this would put me in  tailspin to buy, buy, buy...then go organize everything I just bought for hours at a time in my classroom.....I can say I successfully walked through the school supplies aisle and was not tempted to put one thing in my buggy! (if you are a teacher, you will know what that aisle will do to you....)

So how am I adjusting to my new found role????

I. LOVE. EVERY. SECOND! There is nothing like waking up and knowing you get to spend the day just being a wife and a mom. Every day is different, but each day is a delight. Don't get me wrong...we have OUR DAYS, and whew! they are sometimes interesting, to say the least. But when that little guy does something sweet or something new, or my big guy comes walking through the door at lunch...everything else that is "spit up covered" goes away! I was made for this job.....

Some days we...
... have bed head
... we don't have a clue what's going on
 ...we find new things to explore
 ...we just spend the day laughing (with no diaper on)
 ...we get to play with daddy at lunch
 ...we just like to chill
 ...we sing
 ...or clap
 ...we need to just chew on a diaper
 ...we play so hard, we just crash
 ...we help mommy with laundry
 ....or just play with it!
 ...we wear comfy clothes....or daddy's socks
But some days...well, some days its just "wear peas on your face" kind of days! :)








1 comment:

  1. Love this! And I needed it tonight. We've had one of 'those' days. But I agree, I'm still pinching myself on Sunday nights, knowing that Monday I'm waking up to my dream job. :)

    ReplyDelete